Two schools within the Parish of Kill, Ardclough & Johnstown
The original school was built in 1829. A second school was built in 1950. It was built as a four-roomed building, three classrooms and a cookery room. Obviously this building did not suffice for very long and the first of five prefabricated classrooms were added in 1967. In 1976/77 the school was extended. Four new classrooms, a general purpose room, an office and staff room were built.
In September 2011 the school moved in to a new site. The school now has 32 mainstream classrooms, 10 special education needs rooms, a library, a full size gym, an Astroturf pitch and an outreach unit for children with autism. The autism unit has a staff of two teachers and four special needs assistants for twelve children. The school also have a preschool catering for twenty four children.
St Anne’s National School caters for boys and girls from Junior Infants to Sixth Class. Currently there approximately 295 children at St Anne’s and there are 16 teachers including the Principal. The pupils take part in all areas of the Primary Curriculum and are involved in many extra curricular activities including hurling, football, camogie, cross country, art, choir, swimming, school concerts, etc.
The school opened a special class for children with autism in September 2016.